Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Drumroll, Please...

...because here was my first peek at what my new classroom will look like!

I'm hoping to switch up the room a little bit, so here are all the 'before' pictures. Now, get ready for the photo dump:

The Promethean board and six desks in the resource room. I have five second grade students in the morning for ELA, and in the afternoon for mathematics instruction. (I just found out that I am getting two new friends in my class - twins - so we're going to need another desk!)

Mailboxes and storage



Whiteboard and para's desk


Para's desk and more storage


Small back table for guided reading lessons (I need to get a small whiteboard for this area!)



More storage along the back of the room, windows looking out onto the playground, and my desk in the corner.

I am still getting used to the schedule that was set up by the previous teacher, but it's mostly a good mix of inclusion interventions, resource room teaching, and a bit of co-teaching (it seems mostly in phonics.)

There will definitely be a lot of work to do over winter break - getting IEP snapshots ready, re-organizing data into a system that fits better for me as a teacher, and figuring out what resources will be my go-to's in the classroom. So much to do, so little time!

Now excuse me while I dig into as much of those IEP's as I can handle before bedtime! :)

Until next time, 
TYHO

3 comments:

  1. I use my small white board on my back reading table all the time...a great investment indeed. :o)
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, ladies! And Vicky, I agree - I ended up moving the table over to the big whiteboard - so helpful!

    ReplyDelete